Body Found In Tuolumne River Identified
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Modesto police have identified a man whose body was found in the Tuolumne River last week.
Detectives have identified the victim as 21-year-old Daniel Joseph Montgomery Allen of Modesto. They have also determined his death is suspicious.
Allen’s body was spotted in the river between the 7th Street Bridge and Highway 99 late last Thursday.
Police say Allen’s family reported him missing in December 2012.
An autopsy will be performed on Friday morning, says Applegate.
Investigators are asking anyone with information about this murder to call Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward. Tipsters can also text information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637. Just type “TIP704” along with your message.