Neighbors Upset Over Barwest’s Entertainment Permit Application
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A bar fight is brewing after a midtown Sacramento business announced it wants to offer more to its customers.
Barwest on J Street applied for an entertainment permit that would allow the restaurant and bar to play music until 2 a.m.; however, the news doesn’t sit well with area residents who have already complained about the noise and traffic the bar has attracted to the area.
The neighborhood association president says the permit could bring more problems to the area already seeing a spike in crime.
“We are taken by surprise because we did think we had an open line of communication with Barwest. If we had concerns, we’d come to them. So we assumed that if they had issues that they wanted to address that they would come to us, but that’s not been the case,” said Julie Murphy, a neighborhood association member.
The owner of Barwest didn’t want to speak with CBS13 on camera. However, in an email, he told us he’s not starting a dance club but wants to have trivia nights, which bring in thousands in extra revenue.