Neighbors Upset Over Barwest’s Entertainment Permit Application
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A bar fight is brewing after a midtown Sacramento business announced it wants to offer more to its customers.
Barwest on J Street applied for an entertainment permit that would allow the restaurant and bar to play music until 2 a.m.; however, the news doesn’t sit well with area residents who have already complained about the noise and traffic the bar has attracted to the area.
The neighborhood association president says the permit could bring more problems to the area already seeing a spike in crime.
“We are taken by surprise because we did think we had an open line of communication with Barwest. If we had concerns, we’d come to them. So we assumed that if they had issues that they wanted to address that they would come to us, but that’s not been the case,” said Julie Murphy, a neighborhood association member.
The owner of Barwest didn’t want to speak with CBS13 on camera. However, in an email, he told us he’s not starting a dance club but wants to have trivia nights, which bring in thousands in extra revenue.