Solano County Gun Buyback Event Gets Hundreds Of Weapons Off The Street
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A gun buyback event by police in Solano County resulted in the dozens of different legal and illegal weapons being handed over.
People turned in nearly 270 weapons, including handguns, shotguns, rifles and even a rocket launcher.
Police handed out $100 in cash or gift cards for each item that was turned in. Those who turned rifles that fell under the state of California’s definition of assault rifles received $200.
The event started at 10 a.m. Saturday. Chief Joseph Kreins said people started showing up as early as 7 a.m.