Solano County Gun Buyback Event Gets Hundreds Of Weapons Off The Street
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A gun buyback event by police in Solano County resulted in the dozens of different legal and illegal weapons being handed over.
People turned in nearly 270 weapons, including handguns, shotguns, rifles and even a rocket launcher.
Police handed out $100 in cash or gift cards for each item that was turned in. Those who turned rifles that fell under the state of California’s definition of assault rifles received $200.
The event started at 10 a.m. Saturday. Chief Joseph Kreins said people started showing up as early as 7 a.m.