Solano County Gun Buyback Event Gets Hundreds Of Weapons Off The Street
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A gun buyback event by police in Solano County resulted in the dozens of different legal and illegal weapons being handed over.
People turned in nearly 270 weapons, including handguns, shotguns, rifles and even a rocket launcher.
Police handed out $100 in cash or gift cards for each item that was turned in. Those who turned rifles that fell under the state of California’s definition of assault rifles received $200.
The event started at 10 a.m. Saturday. Chief Joseph Kreins said people started showing up as early as 7 a.m.