Solano County Gun Buyback Event Gets Hundreds Of Weapons Off The Street
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A gun buyback event by police in Solano County resulted in the dozens of different legal and illegal weapons being handed over.
People turned in nearly 270 weapons, including handguns, shotguns, rifles and even a rocket launcher.
Police handed out $100 in cash or gift cards for each item that was turned in. Those who turned rifles that fell under the state of California’s definition of assault rifles received $200.
The event started at 10 a.m. Saturday. Chief Joseph Kreins said people started showing up as early as 7 a.m.