Solano County Gun Buyback Event Gets Hundreds Of Weapons Off The Street
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) – A gun buyback event by police in Solano County resulted in the dozens of different legal and illegal weapons being handed over.
People turned in nearly 270 weapons, including handguns, shotguns, rifles and even a rocket launcher.
Police handed out $100 in cash or gift cards for each item that was turned in. Those who turned rifles that fell under the state of California’s definition of assault rifles received $200.
The event started at 10 a.m. Saturday. Chief Joseph Kreins said people started showing up as early as 7 a.m.