Mayor Johnson’s Former Aid Expected To Enter Plea Monday In Response To Charges
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Mayor Kevin Johnson’s former aid, Lisa Serna-Mayorga, is expected to enter a plea on Monday.
Lisa Serna-Mayorga is facing felony charges of theft and forgery. She’s accused of charging $20,000 on city credit cards, including a Disneyland trip. She allegedly stopped payment on reimbursement checks she reportedly sent the city.
Her attorney said the charges may have been a mistake, charged to the wrong credit card.
Serna-Mayorga is the daughter of former mayor and civil rights leader Joe Serna. He served 11 years as a councilman and seven as mayor. He’s credited with revitalizing downtown, improving schools and leading the charge to get rid of corruption.