Mayor Johnson’s Former Aid Expected To Enter Plea Monday In Response To Charges
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Mayor Kevin Johnson’s former aid, Lisa Serna-Mayorga, is expected to enter a plea on Monday.
Lisa Serna-Mayorga is facing felony charges of theft and forgery. She’s accused of charging $20,000 on city credit cards, including a Disneyland trip. She allegedly stopped payment on reimbursement checks she reportedly sent the city.
Her attorney said the charges may have been a mistake, charged to the wrong credit card.
Serna-Mayorga is the daughter of former mayor and civil rights leader Joe Serna. He served 11 years as a councilman and seven as mayor. He’s credited with revitalizing downtown, improving schools and leading the charge to get rid of corruption.