Standoff In Folsom Involving Child Hostage Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A hostage standoff involving a father and child at a Folsom home ended peacefully Monday.
The incident began at around 11 a.m. at a home on Van Winkle Court as a domestic case, according to Folsom Police. The child’s mother called police saying her husband had assaulted her and locked her out of the home.
After about 2.5 hours of talking with the man, Folsom police negotiators were able to convince him to let the child go. SWAT team members arrested the suspect who is identified as Mark Weider, 22, of Rancho Cordova.
Weider was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of domestic battery, child endangerment and taking a hostage to avoid arrest.
Nearby Carl Sundahl Elementary School was locked down as a precaution. Police say nobody at the school was placed in jeopardy.