Standoff In Folsom Involving Child Hostage Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A hostage standoff involving a father and child at a Folsom home ended peacefully Monday.
The incident began at around 11 a.m. at a home on Van Winkle Court as a domestic case, according to Folsom Police. The child’s mother called police saying her husband had assaulted her and locked her out of the home.
After about 2.5 hours of talking with the man, Folsom police negotiators were able to convince him to let the child go. SWAT team members arrested the suspect who is identified as Mark Weider, 22, of Rancho Cordova.
Weider was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of domestic battery, child endangerment and taking a hostage to avoid arrest.
Nearby Carl Sundahl Elementary School was locked down as a precaution. Police say nobody at the school was placed in jeopardy.