Standoff In Folsom Involving Child Hostage Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A hostage standoff involving a father and child at a Folsom home ended peacefully Monday.
The incident began at around 11 a.m. at a home on Van Winkle Court as a domestic case, according to Folsom Police. The child’s mother called police saying her husband had assaulted her and locked her out of the home.
After about 2.5 hours of talking with the man, Folsom police negotiators were able to convince him to let the child go. SWAT team members arrested the suspect who is identified as Mark Weider, 22, of Rancho Cordova.
Weider was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of domestic battery, child endangerment and taking a hostage to avoid arrest.
Nearby Carl Sundahl Elementary School was locked down as a precaution. Police say nobody at the school was placed in jeopardy.