Standoff In Folsom Involving Child Hostage Ends Peacefully
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
FOLSOM (CBS13) – A hostage standoff involving a father and child at a Folsom home ended peacefully Monday.
The incident began at around 11 a.m. at a home on Van Winkle Court as a domestic case, according to Folsom Police. The child’s mother called police saying her husband had assaulted her and locked her out of the home.
After about 2.5 hours of talking with the man, Folsom police negotiators were able to convince him to let the child go. SWAT team members arrested the suspect who is identified as Mark Weider, 22, of Rancho Cordova.
Weider was booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges of domestic battery, child endangerment and taking a hostage to avoid arrest.
Nearby Carl Sundahl Elementary School was locked down as a precaution. Police say nobody at the school was placed in jeopardy.