UPDATE: French Camp Man Arrested For Shooting And Killing Wife
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
FRENCH CAMP (CBS13) – Police have arrested a French Camp man for allegedly shooting and killing his wife on Friday night.
Juan Valdez, 37, shot and killed Gloria Ann Castro at their home on Janet Road, according to the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office. Officials say the children may have witnessed the shooting.
At 4:30 p.m. on Friday deputies were already on their way to the home to investigate a domestic disturbance call when they heard about the shooting.
Castro, who was in her 40s, lived at the home in the typically quiet neighborhood with her husband and three children ages 8, 5, and four months. The children are now staying with nearby family members.
Deputies were back at the home Saturday gathering evidence.
Family members were also at the home gathering up the children’s clothing and toys.