Wildlife Officials Defend Actions Leading To Death Of Black Bear
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. (CBS13) – Nevada wildlife workers are defending their handling of a black bear that died while they were trying to catch it.
A Department of Wildlife spokesman says they tranquilized the bear earlier this month near Incline Village after it caused traffic problems. But the bear stopped breathing.
The agency says the bear was underweight and health problems likely played a role in its death.