2 Bethel Island Homes Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
BETHEL ISLAND, Calif. (AP) — Two homes have been destroyed and a third damaged in an early morning fire on an island in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta about 60 miles northeast of San Francisco.
Fire officials say they were called to a burning one-story home on Bethel Island around 2:26 a.m. Wednesday. The fire eventually spread to two adjacent two-story homes.
No one was seriously injured although it took crews more than four hours to bring the fire under control.
East Contra Costa Fire Battalion Chief Hugh Henderson says a PG&E power line fell during the blaze, forcing firefighters to battle the fire at one of the houses from the outside.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.