2 Bethel Island Homes Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
BETHEL ISLAND, Calif. (AP) — Two homes have been destroyed and a third damaged in an early morning fire on an island in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta about 60 miles northeast of San Francisco.
Fire officials say they were called to a burning one-story home on Bethel Island around 2:26 a.m. Wednesday. The fire eventually spread to two adjacent two-story homes.
No one was seriously injured although it took crews more than four hours to bring the fire under control.
East Contra Costa Fire Battalion Chief Hugh Henderson says a PG&E power line fell during the blaze, forcing firefighters to battle the fire at one of the houses from the outside.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.