2 Bethel Island Homes Destroyed By Fire
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
BETHEL ISLAND, Calif. (AP) — Two homes have been destroyed and a third damaged in an early morning fire on an island in the Sacramento-San Joaquin River Delta about 60 miles northeast of San Francisco.
Fire officials say they were called to a burning one-story home on Bethel Island around 2:26 a.m. Wednesday. The fire eventually spread to two adjacent two-story homes.
No one was seriously injured although it took crews more than four hours to bring the fire under control.
East Contra Costa Fire Battalion Chief Hugh Henderson says a PG&E power line fell during the blaze, forcing firefighters to battle the fire at one of the houses from the outside.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.