Ex-Mayor Of Bell, Calif. Convicted Of Criminal Charges In Corruption Case
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) – The former mayor of the tiny California city of Bell has been convicted and five charges in a massive corruption case against him and five other ex-elected officials.
Former Mayor Oscar Hernandez has also been acquitted of five charges in verdicts being read Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court. Numerous other verdicts have yet to be read.
The former mayor and City Council members were charged with misappropriating funds by paying themselves inflated salaries of up to $100,000 a year.