Modesto School Finds Missing Time Capsule
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – An elementary school in Modesto has found a buried time capsule that it had been racing against time to locate.
An official at Alberta Martone Elementary School called CBS13 to report the package, which was buried on school campus, was found Wednesday. The school was planning to dig up the capsule for their upcoming 25th anniversary.
Filled with items like pictures, letters and school memorabilia, the capsule was buried at the school in 1988. In the excitement of the event, they forgot to mark where it went into the ground.
In the search for this time capsule, the school discovered another time capsule, but school officials say they know location of that one.