Vallejo Standoff Ends After Suspect Is Shot Dead
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Vallejo police say a tense standoff with an armed man ended after officers stormed a house with an armored vehicle and the suspect was fatally shot.
Officials say the suspect had barricaded himself inside the Vallejo home Wednesday and exchanged fire with police during a standoff that lasted several hours and shut down the neighborhood.
Authorities say around 3 p.m. police fired tear gas into the house, crashed a tactical vehicle through the front-yard fence and raided the house.
Lt. Lee Horton with the Vallejo Police Department says the gunman was found dead, but it’s unclear if he was shot by police or if it was self-inflicted.
The suspect’s identity has not been released, and it’s not clear what led to the standoff.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.