Vallejo Standoff Ends After Suspect Is Shot Dead
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Vallejo police say a tense standoff with an armed man ended after officers stormed a house with an armored vehicle and the suspect was fatally shot.
Officials say the suspect had barricaded himself inside the Vallejo home Wednesday and exchanged fire with police during a standoff that lasted several hours and shut down the neighborhood.
Authorities say around 3 p.m. police fired tear gas into the house, crashed a tactical vehicle through the front-yard fence and raided the house.
Lt. Lee Horton with the Vallejo Police Department says the gunman was found dead, but it’s unclear if he was shot by police or if it was self-inflicted.
The suspect’s identity has not been released, and it’s not clear what led to the standoff.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.