Missing San Jose Infant Found Safe
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
SAN JOSE, Calif. (CBS/AP) — An infant girl missing after the SUV she was in was stolen in front of her San Jose home has been found safe, according to police.
CBS 5 in San Francisco reports the Jeep was found at the Seven Trees Community Center near East Capitol Expressway, a police officer said. Police have not yet released more details about how the car and child were found.
Authorities issued an Amber Alert for 1-year-old Monday after she was taken while in a white 2006 Jeep Liberty from the front of a residence around 6:43 a.m. Monday. San Jose police Sgt. Albert Morales tells the San Jose Mercury News the baby was inside, not yet strapped to her baby seat.
The mom had apparently just left the vehicle for a moment when a female suspect got into the car and drove off.
Authorities are still searching for the suspect.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.