Kings Investors Meet With Sacramento Mayor To Discusses New Arena Deal
Buy Kings Tickets
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two of the three men involved in a plan to keep the Kings in Sacramento held meetings in Sacramento Monday.
Billionaire Ron Burkle and fitness tycoon Mark Mastrov met with Mayor Kevin Johnson less than 48 hours after the new arena plan was announced.
WATCH: Mayor Kevin Johnson Press Conference
City Council has had just a few days to look at the term sheet before Tuesday’s vote.
It’s clear Johnson feels he has the votes necessary and Tuesday’s vote will basically we just another vote in the process. The mayor called on the council to make a historic vote on a plan that he says is better than last time.
However, there are no numbers yet as far as how much Mastrov and Ranadive are bidding on the Kings franchise, but Johnson says it’s clear his players don’t want to lose.