Kings Investors Meet With Sacramento Mayor To Discusses New Arena Deal
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two of the three men involved in a plan to keep the Kings in Sacramento held meetings in Sacramento Monday.
Billionaire Ron Burkle and fitness tycoon Mark Mastrov met with Mayor Kevin Johnson less than 48 hours after the new arena plan was announced.
WATCH: Mayor Kevin Johnson Press Conference
City Council has had just a few days to look at the term sheet before Tuesday’s vote.
It’s clear Johnson feels he has the votes necessary and Tuesday’s vote will basically we just another vote in the process. The mayor called on the council to make a historic vote on a plan that he says is better than last time.
However, there are no numbers yet as far as how much Mastrov and Ranadive are bidding on the Kings franchise, but Johnson says it’s clear his players don’t want to lose.