Kings Investors Meet With Sacramento Mayor To Discusses New Arena Deal
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two of the three men involved in a plan to keep the Kings in Sacramento held meetings in Sacramento Monday.
Billionaire Ron Burkle and fitness tycoon Mark Mastrov met with Mayor Kevin Johnson less than 48 hours after the new arena plan was announced.
WATCH: Mayor Kevin Johnson Press Conference
City Council has had just a few days to look at the term sheet before Tuesday’s vote.
It’s clear Johnson feels he has the votes necessary and Tuesday’s vote will basically we just another vote in the process. The mayor called on the council to make a historic vote on a plan that he says is better than last time.
However, there are no numbers yet as far as how much Mastrov and Ranadive are bidding on the Kings franchise, but Johnson says it’s clear his players don’t want to lose.