Citrus Heights Man Arrested For Distributing Child Pornography
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A Citrus Heights man has been arrested on charges of distributing child pornography.
Danny Smith, 50, was arrested in Citrus Heights Tuesday after Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force received a report that Smith was trading child pornography images over the Internet. Detectives obtained a federal search warrant, searched Smith’s home and allegedly found child pornography on his computer, according to according to Sacramento County sheriff’s dept. Sgt. Jason Ramos.
Smith was taken into custody and booked into the Sacramento County Main jail on one felony count resulting from the investigation. His bail has been set at $50,000.
Detectives are asking anyone who has information pertaining to Smith and any unlawful activity to contact the High-Tech Crimes Task Force at (916) 874-3002.