Citrus Heights Man Arrested For Distributing Child Pornography
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A Citrus Heights man has been arrested on charges of distributing child pornography.
Danny Smith, 50, was arrested in Citrus Heights Tuesday after Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force received a report that Smith was trading child pornography images over the Internet. Detectives obtained a federal search warrant, searched Smith’s home and allegedly found child pornography on his computer, according to according to Sacramento County sheriff’s dept. Sgt. Jason Ramos.
Smith was taken into custody and booked into the Sacramento County Main jail on one felony count resulting from the investigation. His bail has been set at $50,000.
Detectives are asking anyone who has information pertaining to Smith and any unlawful activity to contact the High-Tech Crimes Task Force at (916) 874-3002.