Citrus Heights Man Arrested For Distributing Child Pornography
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
CITRUS HEIGHTS (CBS13) – A Citrus Heights man has been arrested on charges of distributing child pornography.
Danny Smith, 50, was arrested in Citrus Heights Tuesday after Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force received a report that Smith was trading child pornography images over the Internet. Detectives obtained a federal search warrant, searched Smith’s home and allegedly found child pornography on his computer, according to according to Sacramento County sheriff’s dept. Sgt. Jason Ramos.
Smith was taken into custody and booked into the Sacramento County Main jail on one felony count resulting from the investigation. His bail has been set at $50,000.
Detectives are asking anyone who has information pertaining to Smith and any unlawful activity to contact the High-Tech Crimes Task Force at (916) 874-3002.