Sacramento River Cats Fine Those Misspelling Team’s Name
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
WEST SACRAMENTO – After 13 years, some still have trouble spelling the Sacramento River Cats. So the team has announced it will be fining anyone that misspells the team’s moniker.
The team wants everyone to know that “River Cats” is comprised of two words. So, effective immediately, anyone that incorrectly spells “River Cats” faces a $1 fine from the organization. The team has made exceptions for Twitter mentions, text messages, and handwritten notes.
So far, a total of $7 has been collected. All money collected will go to the River Cats Foundation.