Pieces Of Old McKinley Park Playground Up For Auction
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – There’s a push to find parts of the McKinley Park playground, which is just days away from demolition, a new home and make some money in the process.
“It would be the monkey bars,” said a child.
“The swings,” said a child.
Every kid at McKinley Park has their favorite part of the playground.
“The fortress,” said a child.
And for the right price, most of the playground is for sale. Some lucky families could add a little piece of East Sacramento history to their own backyard
With each piece that goes, this is some extra cash to play with for the new structure already in the works.
There’s a lot to lot to look forward to with the new park, which has its ground breaking in June. But the connection to what’s already here could make the auction very interesting.
Organizers hope people will pitch in, and more importantly, hold on to their favorite memories.
The auction is this Tuesday at 5 p.m. at McKinley Park.