Man Seriously Injured After Driving Truck Into Cache Creek In Yolo County
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) – Firefighters rescued a man who drove down an embankment leading into Cache Creek Sunday.
The incident happened on northbound Interstate 5 near the town of Yolo. Witnesses tell CBS13 the man was driving his truck recklessly in the heavy rain, and at one point they thought he was going to hit them, but he swerved off the road and went down the embankment.
“I just pulled over to the side a little bit and he just passed us up very quick — started swerving all over the place,” said Alenjandro Pina, a witness. “My wife called the cops and then, I guess, that’s where they caught him right there.
The driver was seriously injured and had to be hoisted up the embankment in a stretcher
CHP has not commented on whether or not the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol.