UPDATED: Suspect Surrenders Peacefully In Stockton Standoff At Motel
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A suspect wanted for an attempted-murder warrant surrendered to police after a standoff at a Stockton motel.
The SWAT standoff at the Capri Motel — located at 1140 N Wilson Way — began just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The US Marshal’s Task Force, along with the Stockton Police Department Community Response Team and San Joaquin County Gang Task Force, called out for the suspect — 26-year-old Alejandro Ruvalcaba — to come out of the motel, but he refused. SWAT was then called to the scene to assist.
Ruvalcaba eventually surrendered peacefully.
Police say Ruvalcaba — a documented gang member — allegedly shot a friend several times during an argument regarding a female friend on March 21.
Officers say a loaded gun was found in Ruvalcaba’s room.
He was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail.