UPDATED: Suspect Surrenders Peacefully In Stockton Standoff At Motel
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A suspect wanted for an attempted-murder warrant surrendered to police after a standoff at a Stockton motel.
The SWAT standoff at the Capri Motel — located at 1140 N Wilson Way — began just before 4 p.m. Wednesday.
The US Marshal’s Task Force, along with the Stockton Police Department Community Response Team and San Joaquin County Gang Task Force, called out for the suspect — 26-year-old Alejandro Ruvalcaba — to come out of the motel, but he refused. SWAT was then called to the scene to assist.
Ruvalcaba eventually surrendered peacefully.
Police say Ruvalcaba — a documented gang member — allegedly shot a friend several times during an argument regarding a female friend on March 21.
Officers say a loaded gun was found in Ruvalcaba’s room.
He was booked into the San Joaquin County Jail.