Teen Suspect Arrested In Rape, Beating Of 64-Year-Old Sacramento Woman
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An arrest has been made months after a woman in her 60s was attacked and raped. The suspect is only 15 years old.
The assault happened in early February and Sacramento sheriff’s detectives finally linked evidence at the scene to the teenager.
“My mom and our family is very lucky that he didn’t kill her,” the victim’s son, who wished to remain anonymous, said.
His 64-year-old mother thought she was safe in her own home until she was brutally attacked, raped and robbed inside her south Sacramento apartment.
“She don’t enjoy life no more, and she has flashbacks all the time, and she just don’t feel safe anymore,” the son said.
The victim reported being choked, thrown by her hair and beaten.
Deputies arrested the suspected attacker on Wednesday — stunned the attacker was so young.