Teen Suspect Arrested In Rape, Beating Of 64-Year-Old Sacramento Woman
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – An arrest has been made months after a woman in her 60s was attacked and raped. The suspect is only 15 years old.
The assault happened in early February and Sacramento sheriff’s detectives finally linked evidence at the scene to the teenager.
“My mom and our family is very lucky that he didn’t kill her,” the victim’s son, who wished to remain anonymous, said.
His 64-year-old mother thought she was safe in her own home until she was brutally attacked, raped and robbed inside her south Sacramento apartment.
“She don’t enjoy life no more, and she has flashbacks all the time, and she just don’t feel safe anymore,” the son said.
The victim reported being choked, thrown by her hair and beaten.
Deputies arrested the suspected attacker on Wednesday — stunned the attacker was so young.