Oakland Tribune Freelance Photographer Fatally Shot
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A former freelance photographer for the Oakland Tribune has been fatally shot as he drove home from the gym.
The newspaper reports 54-year-old Lionel “Ray” Fluker was shot at a gas station near his residence in East Oakland Friday night.
A 38-year-old man, believed by investigators to be the intended target, was critically wounded in the shooting. He was hospitalized Saturday in critical condition.
No suspects have been arrested and police said they don’t have a motive for the shooting.
Nick Lammers, director of photographer for the Bay Area News Group, said Fluker started as an unpaid intern and took freelance photos for the Tribune from 1995 to 2007.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.