Oakland Tribune Freelance Photographer Fatally Shot
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A former freelance photographer for the Oakland Tribune has been fatally shot as he drove home from the gym.
The newspaper reports 54-year-old Lionel “Ray” Fluker was shot at a gas station near his residence in East Oakland Friday night.
A 38-year-old man, believed by investigators to be the intended target, was critically wounded in the shooting. He was hospitalized Saturday in critical condition.
No suspects have been arrested and police said they don’t have a motive for the shooting.
Nick Lammers, director of photographer for the Bay Area News Group, said Fluker started as an unpaid intern and took freelance photos for the Tribune from 1995 to 2007.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.