Oroville Business Owner Fights Back After String Of Burglaries, Catches Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) – After a string of burglaries at his Oroville store, a fed-up business owner fought back to catch the crooks.
Darin Fowler says he camped out at his business and confronted the burglar.
“This is my property; I’m going to defend it,” he said.
Over the past three months, Fowler says he’s felt pretty defenseless.
“They were taking chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowers. They would remove complete generator heads off generators,” he said.
Fowler says burglars cut into the fence of his business, Air Cooled Unlimited, 15 times and made off with valuable equipment and metal.
“They had actually cut this all the way down, and zip tied it open, spread it right open,” Fowler said, showing CBS13 the area of the fence the burglars cut through.
Fowler spent money installing new fencing and surveillance cameras, which caught the suspect’s blurry images. Still, they’d keep coming back.
So when Fowler saw a new hole in his fence Friday, he decided it was enough.