Oroville Business Owner Fights Back After String Of Burglaries, Catches Suspect
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) – After a string of burglaries at his Oroville store, a fed-up business owner fought back to catch the crooks.
Darin Fowler says he camped out at his business and confronted the burglar.
“This is my property; I’m going to defend it,” he said.
Over the past three months, Fowler says he’s felt pretty defenseless.
“They were taking chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowers. They would remove complete generator heads off generators,” he said.
Fowler says burglars cut into the fence of his business, Air Cooled Unlimited, 15 times and made off with valuable equipment and metal.
“They had actually cut this all the way down, and zip tied it open, spread it right open,” Fowler said, showing CBS13 the area of the fence the burglars cut through.
Fowler spent money installing new fencing and surveillance cameras, which caught the suspect’s blurry images. Still, they’d keep coming back.
So when Fowler saw a new hole in his fence Friday, he decided it was enough.