Oroville Business Owner Fights Back After String Of Burglaries, Catches Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
OROVILLE (CBS13) – After a string of burglaries at his Oroville store, a fed-up business owner fought back to catch the crooks.
Darin Fowler says he camped out at his business and confronted the burglar.
“This is my property; I’m going to defend it,” he said.
Over the past three months, Fowler says he’s felt pretty defenseless.
“They were taking chain saws, weed eaters, lawn mowers. They would remove complete generator heads off generators,” he said.
Fowler says burglars cut into the fence of his business, Air Cooled Unlimited, 15 times and made off with valuable equipment and metal.
“They had actually cut this all the way down, and zip tied it open, spread it right open,” Fowler said, showing CBS13 the area of the fence the burglars cut through.
Fowler spent money installing new fencing and surveillance cameras, which caught the suspect’s blurry images. Still, they’d keep coming back.
So when Fowler saw a new hole in his fence Friday, he decided it was enough.