Identity Of West Sacramento Man Killed By Semi Truck Released
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Police have released the identity of the man found dead beneath a semi truck near Highway 50 in West Sacramento on Wednesday.
At 10:54 a.m., Vitali Dobic, 35, of West Sacramento was found under a semi truck in a parking lot next to Highway 50, just east of Harbor Boulevard. Police say when they arrived, they found the truck had knocked down a fence at the rear of the yard. The engine was running and the wheels were spinning.
“All we know is he was completely under the truck; perhaps he was under the truck and it started moving forward,” West Sacramento police Lt. Tod Sockman said.
Police were called out to the area for a grass fire caused by the truck’s wheels still spinning on the grass. They say the engine was running and nobody else was around to witness what happened.
“Doing an examination on the truck today to see if something’s wrong with it; we just really don’t know,” said Sockman.
Dobic is part of a tight-knit Russian family that came to the U.S. four years ago. He was well-loved at his church, where the pastor says he’d always lend a helping hand.
“He’s very good. He was very good man. I know him from our old country from Moldova,” said Pastor Peter Pasechnik.
Dobic leaves behind his wife, two daughters — 1 and 4 years old — and a 7-year-old son.
Police aren’t ruling anything out but say there are no indications this was a suicide. Cal/OSHA is also investigating the incident.
The coroner is expected to release Dobic’s exact cause of death on Friday.