CHP Officer Catches Would-Be Kidnapping Suspect In The Act
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
TURLOCK (CBS13) – A CHP officer caught a suspected kidnapper in the act as an 18-year-old victim struggled to escape.
It happened on Highway 99 at Monte Vista Avenue at around 4:16 p.m. on Wednesday.
Investigators say an 18-year-old woman was walking on the shoulder of the road when Aden H. Aden, 22, pulled up in a car and reportedly asked the girl if she needed a ride. She refused and Aden allegedly got out of the car, choked and hit her and forced her into the car.While he was walking around the car to get in the driver’s seat, the woman got out of the car and started running away on the shoulder of the road. Aden allegedly grabbed her purse and choked her again. Just as this was happening, a CHP officer pulled up and Aden ran back to the car and drove away. The victim told the officer what happened and had her get into the passenger seat of the police car. The officer drove after Aden and initiated a high-risk driving procedure that caused Aden to stop.
Another officer pulled up and Aden was taken into custody. Aden was booked into the Stanislaus County Jail on charges of taking or driving a stolen vehicle, kidnapping, battery and robbery.
The vehicle Aden was driving was reported stolen in Arizona.