Modesto Toddler Hit And Killed By Alleged DUI Driver
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – A two-year-old Modesto girl was hit and killed by an alleged drunk driver on Friday night.
Police say at around 8:30 p.m. a 2-year-old was riding her scooter in the road in the 400 block of Vine Street when she was hit by an SUV. The driver left the scene, but was arrested at a nearby residence on charges of driving under the influence and felony hit and run.
The suspect has been identified as 40-year-old Remedios Rodriguez Chaidez of Modesto.
“I heard a scream and it didn’t sound right, so that’s why I came outside and looked and cops cars,” said Cecilia Hernandez, a witness. “They came just like that and the father was sitting right there on the road with the daughter and the paramedics had to pull him away to try and help her out.”
Anyone with further information regarding the incident is asked to contact The Modesto Police Department’s Traffic Unit at (209) 572-9500.