SFPD On Heightened Alert After Boston Blasts
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The San Francisco Police Department is on heightened alert after the explosions near the Boston Marathon finish line that killed two and injured dozens.
San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza says patrol officers are being asked to be extra vigilant around critical infrastructure and areas where large crowds gather.
Esparza said the move is a safety precaution and that the city has received no credible threats.
The department is also going to rethink security for the upcoming San Francisco Marathon in June and the Bay to Breakers foot race in May.
San Jose police say the department is not modifying its field deployment of officers or security at any critical infrastructure sites, like the airport.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.