SFPD On Heightened Alert After Boston Blasts
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The San Francisco Police Department is on heightened alert after the explosions near the Boston Marathon finish line that killed two and injured dozens.
San Francisco police Officer Albie Esparza says patrol officers are being asked to be extra vigilant around critical infrastructure and areas where large crowds gather.
Esparza said the move is a safety precaution and that the city has received no credible threats.
The department is also going to rethink security for the upcoming San Francisco Marathon in June and the Bay to Breakers foot race in May.
San Jose police say the department is not modifying its field deployment of officers or security at any critical infrastructure sites, like the airport.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.