Teen Dies After Being Found Critically Injured On Rural El Dorado County Road
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – Investigators are looking for clues in a possible hit-and-run crash on a rural El Dorado County road that killed a teenager over the weekend.
The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says they received a call on Saturday morning at around 4:19 a.m. that a 17-year-old male was found on Sand Ridge Road in Placerville. When they arrived, deputies found the boy in critical condition. Paramedics transported the teen to a local hospital where he later died.
The teen’s official cause of death has not been released, but he appeared to have injuries consistent with being hit by a vehicle, according to El Dorado County sheriff’s Lt. Tim Becker.
Detectives say the teen had left the area of Gopher Hole Road earlier in the morning, and was walking to a friend’s house on Sand Ridge Road.
The teen’s identity is being withheld pending an investigation.
Anyone with information pertaining to this case is asked to contact El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Detective Jon Densmore at (530) 642-4718.