Teen Dies After Being Found Critically Injured On Rural El Dorado County Road
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) – Investigators are looking for clues in a possible hit-and-run crash on a rural El Dorado County road that killed a teenager over the weekend.
The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says they received a call on Saturday morning at around 4:19 a.m. that a 17-year-old male was found on Sand Ridge Road in Placerville. When they arrived, deputies found the boy in critical condition. Paramedics transported the teen to a local hospital where he later died.
The teen’s official cause of death has not been released, but he appeared to have injuries consistent with being hit by a vehicle, according to El Dorado County sheriff’s Lt. Tim Becker.
Detectives say the teen had left the area of Gopher Hole Road earlier in the morning, and was walking to a friend’s house on Sand Ridge Road.
The teen’s identity is being withheld pending an investigation.
Anyone with information pertaining to this case is asked to contact El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office Detective Jon Densmore at (530) 642-4718.