2 Yuba City High Seniors Awarded $20K Scholarships From Sporting Goods Retailer
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Two Yuba City high school seniors got a big surprise, learning they won a big college scholarship worth $20,000.
Foot Locker corporate representatives stopped by River Valley High School to deliver the checks to the stunned teens, who were only two of 20 recipients in the country.
“Knowing that there were only 20 people throughout the United States, I was skeptical, but I wanted to give it a shot to see if I got it,” said Swarnjit Boyal.
The scholar-athlete award is based on academics, athletics and community service. And, with thousands applying, it’s quite a feat to have two recipients from one school.
“It was a pretty long process — the application. And then the interview was kind of scary because we did it over Skype,” said Bethany Morrow.
“It’s amazing; I’m the proudest principal,” Principal Tom Reusser said.
Boyal and Morrow plan to stay in California for college.