2 Yuba City High Seniors Awarded $20K Scholarships From Sporting Goods Retailer
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Two Yuba City high school seniors got a big surprise, learning they won a big college scholarship worth $20,000.
Foot Locker corporate representatives stopped by River Valley High School to deliver the checks to the stunned teens, who were only two of 20 recipients in the country.
“Knowing that there were only 20 people throughout the United States, I was skeptical, but I wanted to give it a shot to see if I got it,” said Swarnjit Boyal.
The scholar-athlete award is based on academics, athletics and community service. And, with thousands applying, it’s quite a feat to have two recipients from one school.
“It was a pretty long process — the application. And then the interview was kind of scary because we did it over Skype,” said Bethany Morrow.
“It’s amazing; I’m the proudest principal,” Principal Tom Reusser said.
Boyal and Morrow plan to stay in California for college.