2 Yuba City High Seniors Awarded $20K Scholarships From Sporting Goods Retailer
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Two Yuba City high school seniors got a big surprise, learning they won a big college scholarship worth $20,000.
Foot Locker corporate representatives stopped by River Valley High School to deliver the checks to the stunned teens, who were only two of 20 recipients in the country.
“Knowing that there were only 20 people throughout the United States, I was skeptical, but I wanted to give it a shot to see if I got it,” said Swarnjit Boyal.
The scholar-athlete award is based on academics, athletics and community service. And, with thousands applying, it’s quite a feat to have two recipients from one school.
“It was a pretty long process — the application. And then the interview was kind of scary because we did it over Skype,” said Bethany Morrow.
“It’s amazing; I’m the proudest principal,” Principal Tom Reusser said.
Boyal and Morrow plan to stay in California for college.