2 Yuba City High Seniors Awarded $20K Scholarships From Sporting Goods Retailer
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) – Two Yuba City high school seniors got a big surprise, learning they won a big college scholarship worth $20,000.
Foot Locker corporate representatives stopped by River Valley High School to deliver the checks to the stunned teens, who were only two of 20 recipients in the country.
“Knowing that there were only 20 people throughout the United States, I was skeptical, but I wanted to give it a shot to see if I got it,” said Swarnjit Boyal.
The scholar-athlete award is based on academics, athletics and community service. And, with thousands applying, it’s quite a feat to have two recipients from one school.
“It was a pretty long process — the application. And then the interview was kind of scary because we did it over Skype,” said Bethany Morrow.
“It’s amazing; I’m the proudest principal,” Principal Tom Reusser said.
Boyal and Morrow plan to stay in California for college.