Sacramento Woman Arrested For Killing Newborn Infant
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A Sacramento woman was arrested for killing her newborn baby back in January.
Courtney Addington, 24, was arrested at around 8:45 p.m. Tuesday after a search of her residence earlier this year turned up a dead infant.
Addington was admitted to Mercy General Hospital on January 25 for complications with excessive bleeding, according to Sacramento County Sheriff’s Sgt. Jason Ramos. Hospital staff determined during the examination that Addington had recently given birth, which she denied.
Deputies were notified and went to Addington’s residence in the 3800 block of Wildrose Way to check on the possible infant. There they discovered the infant dead, wrapped in a garbage bag under a bed.
Detectives from the Sheriff’s Child Abuse Bureau conducted an investigation into the incident and eventually arrested Addington on a murder charge.
Addington is being held without bail at the Sacramento County Main Jail.