Legendary Sports Broadcaster Al Michaels Arrested For DUI
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (CBS Sacramento) – For now, “Do you believe in miracles?” has been replaced with “Have you been drinking?”
Legendary sports broadcaster Al Michaels was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DUI on Friday night.
According to media reports, Michaels, the play-by-play man for NBC’s “Sunday Night Football,” was arrested shortly before 10 p.m. Friday. Police said they detected an alcohol odor from Michaels. CNN reports that Michaels spent more than five hours in the Santa Monica City Jail before being released under his own recognizance early Saturday morning.
Sgt. Ryan Gradie told CNN that Michaels was very cooperative.
The arrest comes as a surprise for fans that grown up listening to Michaels cover some of the biggest events in sports. Michaels is still revered for his iconic “Do you believe in miracles?” call, which came as the U.S. hockey team upset the Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics.
Michaels’ court date is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on June 26 at the Los Angeles Municipal Court.