Legendary Sports Broadcaster Al Michaels Arrested For DUI
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (CBS Sacramento) – For now, “Do you believe in miracles?” has been replaced with “Have you been drinking?”
Legendary sports broadcaster Al Michaels was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DUI on Friday night.
According to media reports, Michaels, the play-by-play man for NBC’s “Sunday Night Football,” was arrested shortly before 10 p.m. Friday. Police said they detected an alcohol odor from Michaels. CNN reports that Michaels spent more than five hours in the Santa Monica City Jail before being released under his own recognizance early Saturday morning.
Sgt. Ryan Gradie told CNN that Michaels was very cooperative.
The arrest comes as a surprise for fans that grown up listening to Michaels cover some of the biggest events in sports. Michaels is still revered for his iconic “Do you believe in miracles?” call, which came as the U.S. hockey team upset the Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics.
Michaels’ court date is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on June 26 at the Los Angeles Municipal Court.