Legendary Sports Broadcaster Al Michaels Arrested For DUI
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (CBS Sacramento) – For now, “Do you believe in miracles?” has been replaced with “Have you been drinking?”
Legendary sports broadcaster Al Michaels was arrested and charged with misdemeanor DUI on Friday night.
According to media reports, Michaels, the play-by-play man for NBC’s “Sunday Night Football,” was arrested shortly before 10 p.m. Friday. Police said they detected an alcohol odor from Michaels. CNN reports that Michaels spent more than five hours in the Santa Monica City Jail before being released under his own recognizance early Saturday morning.
Sgt. Ryan Gradie told CNN that Michaels was very cooperative.
The arrest comes as a surprise for fans that grown up listening to Michaels cover some of the biggest events in sports. Michaels is still revered for his iconic “Do you believe in miracles?” call, which came as the U.S. hockey team upset the Soviets in the 1980 Winter Olympics.
Michaels’ court date is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. on June 26 at the Los Angeles Municipal Court.