Robbery Suspects Arrested In Ceres Following Chase And Shootout With Police
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) – Two people were arrested in Ceres on Sunday night after a chase and exchange of gunfire with deputies.
On Sunday at around 11:20 p.m., a Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputy spotted a vehicle reportedly used in connection with one or more robberies in Modesto. The deputy followed the vehicle to Ceres where the it crashed under the Southbound Highway 99 exit ramp.
After leaving the vehicle, the two passengers exchanged gunfire with the deputy.
Police from Ceres and Modesto as well as CHP officers arrived at the crash site and searched for the suspects. One was found hiding on the west side of the highway not far from the crash. The other was found by Ceres police SWAT officers.
Neither the deputy nor the suspects were injured in the incident.
The identities of the suspects have not been released.
Ceres police ask anyone with information about this incident to call Detective Derek Perry at 209-538-5730. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.