Robbery Suspects Arrested In Ceres Following Chase And Shootout With Police
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) – Two people were arrested in Ceres on Sunday night after a chase and exchange of gunfire with deputies.
On Sunday at around 11:20 p.m., a Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputy spotted a vehicle reportedly used in connection with one or more robberies in Modesto. The deputy followed the vehicle to Ceres where the it crashed under the Southbound Highway 99 exit ramp.
After leaving the vehicle, the two passengers exchanged gunfire with the deputy.
Police from Ceres and Modesto as well as CHP officers arrived at the crash site and searched for the suspects. One was found hiding on the west side of the highway not far from the crash. The other was found by Ceres police SWAT officers.
Neither the deputy nor the suspects were injured in the incident.
The identities of the suspects have not been released.
Ceres police ask anyone with information about this incident to call Detective Derek Perry at 209-538-5730. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.