Robbery Suspects Arrested In Ceres Following Chase And Shootout With Police
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) – Two people were arrested in Ceres on Sunday night after a chase and exchange of gunfire with deputies.
On Sunday at around 11:20 p.m., a Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputy spotted a vehicle reportedly used in connection with one or more robberies in Modesto. The deputy followed the vehicle to Ceres where the it crashed under the Southbound Highway 99 exit ramp.
After leaving the vehicle, the two passengers exchanged gunfire with the deputy.
Police from Ceres and Modesto as well as CHP officers arrived at the crash site and searched for the suspects. One was found hiding on the west side of the highway not far from the crash. The other was found by Ceres police SWAT officers.
Neither the deputy nor the suspects were injured in the incident.
The identities of the suspects have not been released.
Ceres police ask anyone with information about this incident to call Detective Derek Perry at 209-538-5730. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also e-mail tips at http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.