UPDATE: Man Pinned Under SUV At Auburn Mexican Restaurant
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
AUBURN (CBS13) — A man was trapped under an SUV after it drove into the patio of an Auburn Mexican restaurant Monday.
“You’re sitting there having a taco and then all of a sudden you get slammed,” said Debbie Zemenak, owner of a nearby store.
A husband, wife and friend were seated at a table on the patio of Tio Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant having lunch.
Witnesses watched as the driver of a bright green SUV suddenly barreled through the wall, over some large potted plants and into the three people, leaving the husband pinned under the car.
The owner said the man was trapped for minutes, but it felt like an eternity. It took a hydraulic jack for firefighters to free the man.
Zemenak watched from her nearby store. She said the drive, who appeared to be in her 70s, seemed very upset.
“She was sitting in a chair, she had a little dog—an older lady, scared to death,” Zemenak said.
The man who was pinned under the car is still recovering from serious injuries at the hospital, but the other two that were sitting at the table have been released.
Investigators are still determining why the driver lost control. So far, she doesn’t face any charges.