UPDATE: Man Pinned Under SUV At Auburn Mexican Restaurant
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
AUBURN (CBS13) — A man was trapped under an SUV after it drove into the patio of an Auburn Mexican restaurant Monday.
“You’re sitting there having a taco and then all of a sudden you get slammed,” said Debbie Zemenak, owner of a nearby store.
A husband, wife and friend were seated at a table on the patio of Tio Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant having lunch.
Witnesses watched as the driver of a bright green SUV suddenly barreled through the wall, over some large potted plants and into the three people, leaving the husband pinned under the car.
The owner said the man was trapped for minutes, but it felt like an eternity. It took a hydraulic jack for firefighters to free the man.
Zemenak watched from her nearby store. She said the drive, who appeared to be in her 70s, seemed very upset.
“She was sitting in a chair, she had a little dog—an older lady, scared to death,” Zemenak said.
The man who was pinned under the car is still recovering from serious injuries at the hospital, but the other two that were sitting at the table have been released.
Investigators are still determining why the driver lost control. So far, she doesn’t face any charges.