UPDATE: Man Pinned Under SUV At Auburn Mexican Restaurant
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
AUBURN (CBS13) — A man was trapped under an SUV after it drove into the patio of an Auburn Mexican restaurant Monday.
“You’re sitting there having a taco and then all of a sudden you get slammed,” said Debbie Zemenak, owner of a nearby store.
A husband, wife and friend were seated at a table on the patio of Tio Pepe’s Mexican Restaurant having lunch.
Witnesses watched as the driver of a bright green SUV suddenly barreled through the wall, over some large potted plants and into the three people, leaving the husband pinned under the car.
The owner said the man was trapped for minutes, but it felt like an eternity. It took a hydraulic jack for firefighters to free the man.
Zemenak watched from her nearby store. She said the drive, who appeared to be in her 70s, seemed very upset.
“She was sitting in a chair, she had a little dog—an older lady, scared to death,” Zemenak said.
The man who was pinned under the car is still recovering from serious injuries at the hospital, but the other two that were sitting at the table have been released.
Investigators are still determining why the driver lost control. So far, she doesn’t face any charges.