Downtown Mall Owner Committed to Sacramento Kings Arena
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While the NBA still can’t decide on what to do with the Sacramento Kings, the new owner of the Downtown Mall is committed to a planned arena.
As evidence of the time we’re spending with the community, this is our primary focus,” said Todd Chapman, JMA president and CEO.
New pictures by AECOM give more details about what a downtown Kings arena could look like, from a massive video display over center court to the concourse with floor to ceiling glass putting Sacramento’s downtown on display.
“There are some opportunities to reconnect the street grid and add a high-density, mixed use development on that site,” said architect Ian Merker.
Senate Pro Tem Darrel Steinberg is promising to streamline construction of a possible new arena.
“We want to make it easier and faster for clean, green urban infill projects like the arena,” Steinberg said.
The vision is clear. All that’s left is the decision.