Downtown Mall Owner Committed to Sacramento Kings Arena
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While the NBA still can’t decide on what to do with the Sacramento Kings, the new owner of the Downtown Mall is committed to a planned arena.
As evidence of the time we’re spending with the community, this is our primary focus,” said Todd Chapman, JMA president and CEO.
New pictures by AECOM give more details about what a downtown Kings arena could look like, from a massive video display over center court to the concourse with floor to ceiling glass putting Sacramento’s downtown on display.
“There are some opportunities to reconnect the street grid and add a high-density, mixed use development on that site,” said architect Ian Merker.
Senate Pro Tem Darrel Steinberg is promising to streamline construction of a possible new arena.
“We want to make it easier and faster for clean, green urban infill projects like the arena,” Steinberg said.
The vision is clear. All that’s left is the decision.