Downtown Mall Owner Committed to Sacramento Kings Arena
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – While the NBA still can’t decide on what to do with the Sacramento Kings, the new owner of the Downtown Mall is committed to a planned arena.
As evidence of the time we’re spending with the community, this is our primary focus,” said Todd Chapman, JMA president and CEO.
New pictures by AECOM give more details about what a downtown Kings arena could look like, from a massive video display over center court to the concourse with floor to ceiling glass putting Sacramento’s downtown on display.
“There are some opportunities to reconnect the street grid and add a high-density, mixed use development on that site,” said architect Ian Merker.
Senate Pro Tem Darrel Steinberg is promising to streamline construction of a possible new arena.
“We want to make it easier and faster for clean, green urban infill projects like the arena,” Steinberg said.
The vision is clear. All that’s left is the decision.