Parents, Students Rally Behind Met Principal
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
- Text 13NEWS to 84816 to sign up for breaking news text alerts. (You will receive 1 msg/day. Msg&data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel.)
- Click here to sign up for breaking news email alerts
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Students are stepping up to support a popular principal under investigation and on paid leave.
Parents and students at The Met Charter High School were shocked and saddened to learn Principal Allen Young was placed on leave. They described him as “a sweet, caring guy” that is exactly the type of person the education system needs.
But there are still questions surrounding just exactly what the longtime educator is being accused of, or if the allegations are related to a recent trip Allen may have taken with students to Humboldt State University.
Sacramento Police confirm they have been contacted and are looking into the undisclosed allegations.
The district released a statement saying, “We take any allegations of misconduct against district employees very seriously and have begun a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding The Met Sacramento. The principal at the school is on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.”
At the same time, district officials confirm a teacher at the same school resigned just two days ago.