Toby Keith Performs At His Folsom Restaurant
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
One of the biggest names in country music took his guitar and played a few songs for fans.
Fans lined up hours before Toby Keith took the stage. And these were real fans, who knew every word to every song. One woman even had a tattoo of the country icon’s autograph.
The fame is still daunting for Keith.
“It’s a little awkward for me still. I’m a fish out of water here.”
But on stage, he’s home. And once that first strum of the guitar played, the crowd began screaming at the top of their lungs. For the first time in Folsom, Keith was playing his music live in his own bar.
“We started in Vegas seven, eight years ago, and the bar got so big, I had other operators come around and say, ‘Hey we gotta find some spots,’ and here we are.”
While this was a re-grand opening, coming back to Sacramento is also a bit special to Keith for another reason. This is the place where his good friend Wayman Tisdale once played in the NBA.
“Real fortunate to get to do a duet with him, hang out with him on his album. Wayman was a dear friend.”
While Sacramento brought back memories for Keith, the fans will have a few of their own from this Friday afternoon in Folsom.
This is his only stop here. The band is heading back overseas to play for the trips. It’ll be the 11th consecutive year he has been a part of the USO Tour.