Fair Oaks Boy Scouts’ Camping Gear Stolen
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
A weekend camping trip is nearly ruined for a local Boy Scout troop after their equipment was stolen the night before they planned to leave for San Jose.
Troop 215 in Fair Oaks had packed up and were ready to roll to San Jose for a weekend camping trip when someone stole their stuff at a local church.
“I had heard all about it, and I was really mad,” said scout Brandan Bergan.
He was not alone. Many others were mad. After all, who wouldn’t be?
“The material doesn’t have a lot of value, but to us, it represents about $4,000 or $5,000,” said treasurer Wally Payne.
“It’s old camping gear,” said Scoutmaster Eric Aarnio, “but it’s the Boy Scouts’ camping gear. It’s what the boys use for camping. Once it’s gone, it’s just disappointing for the boys.
Police are still looking for the thieves.