Fair Oaks Boy Scouts’ Camping Gear Stolen
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
A weekend camping trip is nearly ruined for a local Boy Scout troop after their equipment was stolen the night before they planned to leave for San Jose.
Troop 215 in Fair Oaks had packed up and were ready to roll to San Jose for a weekend camping trip when someone stole their stuff at a local church.
“I had heard all about it, and I was really mad,” said scout Brandan Bergan.
He was not alone. Many others were mad. After all, who wouldn’t be?
“The material doesn’t have a lot of value, but to us, it represents about $4,000 or $5,000,” said treasurer Wally Payne.
“It’s old camping gear,” said Scoutmaster Eric Aarnio, “but it’s the Boy Scouts’ camping gear. It’s what the boys use for camping. Once it’s gone, it’s just disappointing for the boys.
Police are still looking for the thieves.