Fair Oaks Boy Scouts’ Camping Gear Stolen
Don't Miss This
- Santa Delivers Presents To Stockton Boy And Class After ‘Getting Lost’ Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
A weekend camping trip is nearly ruined for a local Boy Scout troop after their equipment was stolen the night before they planned to leave for San Jose.
Troop 215 in Fair Oaks had packed up and were ready to roll to San Jose for a weekend camping trip when someone stole their stuff at a local church.
“I had heard all about it, and I was really mad,” said scout Brandan Bergan.
He was not alone. Many others were mad. After all, who wouldn’t be?
“The material doesn’t have a lot of value, but to us, it represents about $4,000 or $5,000,” said treasurer Wally Payne.
“It’s old camping gear,” said Scoutmaster Eric Aarnio, “but it’s the Boy Scouts’ camping gear. It’s what the boys use for camping. Once it’s gone, it’s just disappointing for the boys.
Police are still looking for the thieves.