Loomis Activists Upset At Fire Chief’s Shared Role
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
LOOMIS (CBS13) — If the small city of Loomis was a family, you might call it a dysfunctional one.
The uproar is between a group of Loomis activists and Loomis fire chief and newly elected councilman Dave Wheeler.
“The voters selected me to represent them on the town council, and I’ll continue to do so,” Wheeler said.
The activist group filed a complaint with the attorney general alleging that under current law, Wheeler can’t hold both public positions.
The attorney general’s office says it has received the complaint. If it sides with the group, Wheeler would be forced to step down from the former position, which was fire chief.