Loomis Activists Upset At Fire Chief’s Shared Role
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOOMIS (CBS13) — If the small city of Loomis was a family, you might call it a dysfunctional one.
The uproar is between a group of Loomis activists and Loomis fire chief and newly elected councilman Dave Wheeler.
“The voters selected me to represent them on the town council, and I’ll continue to do so,” Wheeler said.
The activist group filed a complaint with the attorney general alleging that under current law, Wheeler can’t hold both public positions.
The attorney general’s office says it has received the complaint. If it sides with the group, Wheeler would be forced to step down from the former position, which was fire chief.