UPDATED: Woman Found Dead In Home Following Rio Linda Standoff Identified
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
RIO LINDA (CBS13) – Authorities found the body of a woman inside a Rio Linda home that was the focus of police activity on Wednesday morning.
Shortly after 5:30 a.m., a man called 911 to report he had shot and killed his roommate at their home in the 400 block of Lilac Lane.
As SWAT team deputies surrounded the home, Lilac Lane was closed off and three to four nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution.
After an hours-long standoff, the suspect — identified as 58-year-old Stephen Brainard — came out of the home and surrendered peacefully around 9:50 a.m.
Deputies entered the home and found the body of 51-year-old Julia Bullinger Ray in a bedroom. She was pronounced dead at the scene, police say, most likely from multiple gunshot wounds.
Brainard was taken into custody for questioning and will likely be booked into Sacramento County Main Jail for charges related to the Ray’s death.