Deputies: Family Uncooperative In Deadly Shooting At Modesto Party
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) – Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies are searching for a man in the deadly shooting at a family party that took place in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Around 2:45 a.m., deputies responded to several 911 calls of two people shot in the 1400 block of Garden Avenue.
Deputies found two adult men with gunshot wounds in the front yard of the residence. Ricardo Ramirez, 32, was pronounced dead on scene; while his father, 62-year-old Fidel Ramirez, was transported to a local area hospital and is expected to survive.
Fidel and Ricardo were heard arguing with a cousin, 35-year-old Rigoberto Rosales, when the shooting occurred.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Rosales on homicide charges, but deputies have yet to locate him due to uncooperative family members, say investigators.
Rosales is in a wheelchair, but is said to still be considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information can call Det. Jon McQueary at (209) 525-7099. You can also leave an anonymous tip by calling Crime Stoppers at (209) 521-4636. Tipsters can also email tips at the Crime Stoppers website, or text them to CRIMES (274637) by typing “Tip704″ plus the message and be eligible for a cash reward.