Flood Warning Issued For Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
The National Weather Service has issued a flood warning for the Sacramento area, including Downtown and Arden-Arcade.
At 8 p.m., the agency released a warning for extreme Southwestern Placer County and north-central Sacramento County, which includes the city of Sacramento and eastern central Yolo County.
A flood warning means that flooding is imminent or has been reported. Stream rises will be slow, and flash flooding is not expected.
Excessive runoff may create ponding of water in urban area, highway, streets and underpasses, as well as other poor drainage areas.