Family’s Pig Found Brutally Beaten Before Fair (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
In two weeks, Alix was planning on showing Jiblet and Ralo at her very first fair competition. She’s been working for months to train and pay for it.
“I mowed lawns, I cleaned my neighbors house, I babysitted,” she said. “When you see all the hard work that I actually put into my pigs, and everything I had to do to make this possible, it just, it puts your hopes down.”
Now Alix is forced to sit on the sidelines at an event she’s waited her whole life to be a part of. And learn a hard lesson no one her age should have to.
“Now I’m just going to go to the fair while my friends are showing, because I want to root them on.”
Her plan now is to dedicate her time to nursing Jiblet back to health. In the meantime, she’s changed her name to Survivor. Alix is also keeping her at another farm in case someone tries to come back for her.