Family’s Pig Found Brutally Beaten Before Fair
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
GALT (CBS13) — Weeks before it was set to show at the Sacramento County Fair, a family’s pig was found brutally beaten with a rake.
Jiblet walks with a limp, covered in scratches and bruises. She hasn’t been her usual friendly self since the beating she endured. Her owner Alix Lundy believes she’ll never be able to show her after what she’s been through.
“I can only imagine what actually she went through,” Alix said. “She used to love when you pet her. Now she’s really flinchy when you touch her, and she’ll want to walk away from you.”
Alix says she came out to their pen yesterday morning to find Jiblet and another pig, Ralo, missing. Jiblet was eventually found in a field a quarter mile down the road, covered in scratches and very scared.
“I don’t understand how someone could ever have the heart to beat an animal, especially as friendly as they are,” Alix said.
But there’s been no sign of Ralo.
Alix says she found a rake nearby that someone used to beat Jiblet with, as well as a garden hose she believes they tried to tie around her pigs.
“This part of it was just completely bent out and they must have hit the pig, or pigs, so hard that this piece actually flew off, and this piece was just splintered everywhere.”