Family’s Pig Found Brutally Beaten Before Fair
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
GALT (CBS13) — Weeks before it was set to show at the Sacramento County Fair, a family’s pig was found brutally beaten with a rake.
Jiblet walks with a limp, covered in scratches and bruises. She hasn’t been her usual friendly self since the beating she endured. Her owner Alix Lundy believes she’ll never be able to show her after what she’s been through.
“I can only imagine what actually she went through,” Alix said. “She used to love when you pet her. Now she’s really flinchy when you touch her, and she’ll want to walk away from you.”
Alix says she came out to their pen yesterday morning to find Jiblet and another pig, Ralo, missing. Jiblet was eventually found in a field a quarter mile down the road, covered in scratches and very scared.
“I don’t understand how someone could ever have the heart to beat an animal, especially as friendly as they are,” Alix said.
But there’s been no sign of Ralo.
Alix says she found a rake nearby that someone used to beat Jiblet with, as well as a garden hose she believes they tried to tie around her pigs.
“This part of it was just completely bent out and they must have hit the pig, or pigs, so hard that this piece actually flew off, and this piece was just splintered everywhere.”