Sacramento Woman’s Alleged Stop Smoking Plan: Slap a Deputy (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
Lopez allegedly admitted she sat in front of the county jail for hours, intent on assaulting an officer to get arrested and be put in jail, where she would be forced to stop smoking cigarettes.
“She explained it with great detail as to why,” Campoy said.
A neighbor who knows Lopez says she does smoke a lot, and they used to smoke together, but he can’t figure out her alleged smoking cessation plan.
“There’s easier ways to stop smoking than hitting a cop,” he said. “No, that’s not the way I want to quit.”
Kimberly Bankston-Lee, with the anti-smoking group Breathe California, agrees that coldcocking a cop isn’t the best way to quit cold turkey.
“If it led somebody to do something like that to quit, that lets us know in the community that we have a real problem.” she said.