Sacramento Woman’s Alleged Stop Smoking Plan: Slap a Deputy (page 2)
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
Lopez allegedly admitted she sat in front of the county jail for hours, intent on assaulting an officer to get arrested and be put in jail, where she would be forced to stop smoking cigarettes.
“She explained it with great detail as to why,” Campoy said.
A neighbor who knows Lopez says she does smoke a lot, and they used to smoke together, but he can’t figure out her alleged smoking cessation plan.
“There’s easier ways to stop smoking than hitting a cop,” he said. “No, that’s not the way I want to quit.”
Kimberly Bankston-Lee, with the anti-smoking group Breathe California, agrees that coldcocking a cop isn’t the best way to quit cold turkey.
“If it led somebody to do something like that to quit, that lets us know in the community that we have a real problem.” she said.