Mystery Donor For McKinley Park Rebuild Effort Revealed
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The city of Sacramento revealed the mystery donor behind an effort to rebuild McKinley Park.
Sutter Children’s Center is donating nearly $50,000 to help rebuild the twice-burned-down play area. The playground burned last week after being rebuilt following a prior fire last July.
So far, an estimated $1.5 million in volunteer labor and cash has been donated.
“It’s remarkable that a major community playground could be built with the city only putting in a quarter of the costs,” said Councilman Steve Cohn. “It’s a tribute to our community coming together.”
The rebuild will begin June 4.