Mystery Donor For McKinley Park Rebuild Effort Revealed
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The city of Sacramento revealed the mystery donor behind an effort to rebuild McKinley Park.
Sutter Children’s Center is donating nearly $50,000 to help rebuild the twice-burned-down play area. The playground burned last week after being rebuilt following a prior fire last July.
So far, an estimated $1.5 million in volunteer labor and cash has been donated.
“It’s remarkable that a major community playground could be built with the city only putting in a quarter of the costs,” said Councilman Steve Cohn. “It’s a tribute to our community coming together.”
The rebuild will begin June 4.