Mystery Donor For McKinley Park Rebuild Effort Revealed
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The city of Sacramento revealed the mystery donor behind an effort to rebuild McKinley Park.
Sutter Children’s Center is donating nearly $50,000 to help rebuild the twice-burned-down play area. The playground burned last week after being rebuilt following a prior fire last July.
So far, an estimated $1.5 million in volunteer labor and cash has been donated.
“It’s remarkable that a major community playground could be built with the city only putting in a quarter of the costs,” said Councilman Steve Cohn. “It’s a tribute to our community coming together.”
The rebuild will begin June 4.