Mystery Donor For McKinley Park Rebuild Effort Revealed
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — The city of Sacramento revealed the mystery donor behind an effort to rebuild McKinley Park.
Sutter Children’s Center is donating nearly $50,000 to help rebuild the twice-burned-down play area. The playground burned last week after being rebuilt following a prior fire last July.
So far, an estimated $1.5 million in volunteer labor and cash has been donated.
“It’s remarkable that a major community playground could be built with the city only putting in a quarter of the costs,” said Councilman Steve Cohn. “It’s a tribute to our community coming together.”
The rebuild will begin June 4.