Employment Development Department Seeing Cuts
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s going to get tougher to get someone on the phone to answer your unemployment and disability questions soon.
According to the Employment Development Department, a $158 million shortfall in federal funding means EDD staffers will only answer phones from 8 a.m. to noon, when demand is at its highest. Those staffers will handle other needs in the afternoon, like processing applications.
EDD says it’s doing the best it can with what it’s being given, and says if nothing changes, there could be more layoffs soon.
The changes begin Monday.