Employment Development Department Seeing Cuts
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – It’s going to get tougher to get someone on the phone to answer your unemployment and disability questions soon.
According to the Employment Development Department, a $158 million shortfall in federal funding means EDD staffers will only answer phones from 8 a.m. to noon, when demand is at its highest. Those staffers will handle other needs in the afternoon, like processing applications.
EDD says it’s doing the best it can with what it’s being given, and says if nothing changes, there could be more layoffs soon.
The changes begin Monday.