Mom of Earlier Victim: Kidnapping Suspect Shouldn’t Have Been Out of Prison
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A suspect in custody Friday for allegedly kidnapping a 7-year-old girl and stuffing her in his trunk is a registered sex offender who has attacked before.
It’s the exact scenario the mother of the suspect’s first victim says should never have happened.
Christy says Cedric Holland should still be in prison for the horrible things he did to her daughter when she was only 5 years old.
Memories of what Holland did are flooding to Christy’s daughter, who we’ll call Annie.
“I was crying, I wanted him to be gone. He needs to be off the face of this Earth,” Annie said. “Almost my entire year of being 5 has been blocked out of my mind.”
The man of her nightmares is now accused of snatching a 7-year-old girl walking with her mom in south Sacramento, and throwing her in his trunk. The little girl managed to get the trunk open and jump out of the moving car to safety.
“If he had been serving 25, he wouldn’t have had access to this little girl,” Christy said.
Holland was charged in 2006 with multiple counts of lewd and lascivious acts on a child.
“Prosecutors at the time told me since he was an adult when he would be looking at 25 years,” Christy said.
But to the shock of her and her daughter, Holland pleaded no contest and served six years. Christy says he was sentenced as a juvenile, not an adult, allowed back on the streets far earlier.
“If this little girl didn’t get out of the trunk of that car, he may not have allowed her to make a statement like my daughter was able to,” she said. “That little girl may never have had a voice to tell what happened to her.”
But she escaped, and now Holland is back behind bars.