Powerball Fever Ramps Up With $600 Million Jackpot
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – With more than half a billion dollars up for grabs, Americans are once again having big jackpot dreams. The line at Lichini’s Liquor and Deli in Sacramento wraps around the store, and it’s been that way the entire afternoon, with 10 to 15-minute wait to get up to the counter.
People are trying to strike it rich with the $600 million Powerball jackpot being offered. It costs $2 to buy a ticket
Lichini’s is considered lucky, having produced three winners in the last 20 years.
“The first thing I’d buy is a house,” said one person.
“I would help my family,” said another person.
“I would like to find out what is needed at the hospital and take care of as many people as I can,” said another person.
The odds are one in 175 million in this national lottery. Ticket sales ended at 7 p.m. and the drawing will take place at 8 p.m.