Powerball Fever Ramps Up With $600 Million Jackpot
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – With more than half a billion dollars up for grabs, Americans are once again having big jackpot dreams. The line at Lichini’s Liquor and Deli in Sacramento wraps around the store, and it’s been that way the entire afternoon, with 10 to 15-minute wait to get up to the counter.
People are trying to strike it rich with the $600 million Powerball jackpot being offered. It costs $2 to buy a ticket
Lichini’s is considered lucky, having produced three winners in the last 20 years.
“The first thing I’d buy is a house,” said one person.
“I would help my family,” said another person.
“I would like to find out what is needed at the hospital and take care of as many people as I can,” said another person.
The odds are one in 175 million in this national lottery. Ticket sales ended at 7 p.m. and the drawing will take place at 8 p.m.