Babysitter Behind Bars After 3-Year-Old Runs Away
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A babysitter is behind bars after a 3-year-old girl in her care was found wandering the streets.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputies say Z’amila is lucky to be OK after deputies say her babysitter, Chavonne Jackson, put her in danger and didn’t seem to care.
Courtney Clark and Brittany Hall say it was Z’amila who came knocking on their door in south Sacramento County.
Clark brought her around, knocking on doors. After hours, no one claimed to know the child, so she called the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Z’amila’s mom says it was only when she returned to pick up her daughter that Jackson told her she was missing. Deputies say Jackson made no effort to look for her; instead, she cooked a meal.
“All I could think about was some sicko getting my daughter.”
Mom called deputies who said her daughter was safe.