Babysitter Behind Bars After 3-Year-Old Runs Away
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A babysitter is behind bars after a 3-year-old girl in her care was found wandering the streets.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputies say Z’amila is lucky to be OK after deputies say her babysitter, Chavonne Jackson, put her in danger and didn’t seem to care.
Courtney Clark and Brittany Hall say it was Z’amila who came knocking on their door in south Sacramento County.
Clark brought her around, knocking on doors. After hours, no one claimed to know the child, so she called the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Z’amila’s mom says it was only when she returned to pick up her daughter that Jackson told her she was missing. Deputies say Jackson made no effort to look for her; instead, she cooked a meal.
“All I could think about was some sicko getting my daughter.”
Mom called deputies who said her daughter was safe.