Babysitter Behind Bars After 3-Year-Old Runs Away
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — A babysitter is behind bars after a 3-year-old girl in her care was found wandering the streets.
Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputies say Z’amila is lucky to be OK after deputies say her babysitter, Chavonne Jackson, put her in danger and didn’t seem to care.
Courtney Clark and Brittany Hall say it was Z’amila who came knocking on their door in south Sacramento County.
Clark brought her around, knocking on doors. After hours, no one claimed to know the child, so she called the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
Z’amila’s mom says it was only when she returned to pick up her daughter that Jackson told her she was missing. Deputies say Jackson made no effort to look for her; instead, she cooked a meal.
“All I could think about was some sicko getting my daughter.”
Mom called deputies who said her daughter was safe.