Police Investigating Fatal Downtown Hit-And-Run Involving Wheelchair-Bound Man
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man confined to a wheelchair was killed after a hit-and-run early Wednesday morning in downtown Sacramento.
Just before 1:30 a.m., the 51-year-old man was struck by a vehicle near 19th and X Streets. The victim was crossing the street when he was struck. Investigators say the man was crossing during a red light and was outside of the crosswalk.
Currently, investigators are looking for an early model 2000 2-door white Honda or Acura.
A witness last saw the vehicle travelling eastbound on X Street just after the incident, police say.
The Sacramento Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this crime to contact the dispatch center at (916) 264-5471 or Crime Alert at (916) 443-HELP (4357) or text in a tip to 274637 (CRIMES). Enter SACTIP followed by the tip information. Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.