Stockton Thieves Foiled When Employee Hides Getaway Car
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — Two robbery suspects were foiled when a Burger King employee slipped out the back door and made off with their getaway car.
Stockton police say it’s like nothing they’ve seen before. They say two men ran into a fast food restaurant, pulled out their guns and demanded cash.
While the two men were inside robbing the cashier, another Burger King employee sneaked out the back. He noticed the suspects’ getaway car running, so he hopped in.
“I haven’t heard of any employee actually leaving a business, getting inside the suspect vehicle and trying to hide it,” said Stockton officer Joe Silva.
The employee drove the car around the corner and hid it. Officers said Gabriel Gonzalez and Jeremy Lovitt ran out and quickly panicked. Once they realized they had no transportation, they fled to a nearby field.
“The quick action from this employee did allow our officers to get on scene and arrest the suspects,” Silva said.
While it did end the right way, they always recommend that people being robbed simply comply for their own safety.