Graduation Party Argument Leads to South Sacramento Drive-By Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — Two family members are recovering from gunshot wounds after some relatives weren’t invited to a graduation party.
The cousins were hanging out in front of their grandmother’s south Sacramento garage when they were shot.
“The suspect drove by, turned around in the cul-de-sac and the passenger fired rounds at the two victims,” said Michele Gigante with the Sacramento Police Department.
One of the victims was shot in the little finger, while another was shot in the upper chest. Both are expected to make a full recovery.
Police say one of the suspects is related to the two men shot.
The mother of the woman now in custody says this family feud started days ago.
“When she went to my mom’s house to talk to him, he hit her in the mouth,” said Thelma Ward.
Her son’s graduation party was planned a few days later. Not wanting any more trouble, certain family members weren’t invited.
The mother of the woman arrested says she doesn’t believe her daughter had anything to do with the shooting and hopes the family can rebuild.
“I hope this is a warning,” Ward said. “Somebody could have been dead.